Ammeraal Beltech Holding B.V. (the parent company of Green Belting Industries) (hereinafter: “AB”, “we”, “us” or “our”) is strongly committed to protecting your privacy with regard to any personal information that you submit to us when you use our website. This policy describes the procedures followed by AB in relation to the processing of personal data collected through our website www.greenbelting.com,operated by the Green Belting Industries group of entities (hereinafter the “Website”). Unless otherwise stated, this policy applies as an information notice – in accordance with art. 13 of Regulation (EU) no. 2016/679 (hereinafter the “GDPR”) – rendered to those who interact with the Website (hereinafter the “User”).
1. Important information and who we are
Our full details are:
Ammeraal Beltech Holding B.V.
Email address: [email protected]
Postal address: P.O. Box 38, 1700 AA, Heerhugowaard, the Netherlands
Our interim DPO: Anurag Tiwary
If you have any questions or complaints about the processing of your personal data by us, please contact us on the details above. You also have the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory authority about the way we process your personal data. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the supervisory authority, so please contact us in the first instance.
2. The data that we collect about you
Personal data means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified, such as your first and last name, telephone number, postal and electronic addresses, date of birth and payment information. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
In the course of our business, when you apply for a vacant job position at AB, contact us or use certain other services of website features, we may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you.
We may collect personal data you give us directly but we also collect data by logging how you interact with our services, for example by using cookies on this website. We may also receive information from third parties.
You can choose not to provide us with your personal data. However, in general you need to provide us with certain information about you, in order to be able to use our services and enjoy other benefits to which you have access as a registered user.
3. How we use your personal data
We use the personal data that we collect about you only for specific purposes. This includes to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you, offer our services to you, including your access to and use of our website, process your request or order.
We have set out below, in a table format, an overview of the personal data we collect, for which purposes we collect the data, on which legal ground we process your personal data and how long we retain your personal data. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
|Purpose/activity||Personal data||Legal ground||Retention period|
|To manage our relationship with you which will include:|
(a) register you as a new customer;
|24 months after registration or longer, if this is necessary (e.g. for any legal requirement or for tax purposes).|
|To notify you about promotions and special offers, as well as the services we offer that may be of interest to you.||Your consent to receive marketing emails||Until the moment that you withdraw your consent|
|To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where you choose to do so.||Your consent to participate in interactive features of our service.||24 months after registration or longer, if this is necessary (e.g. for any legal requirement or for tax purposes).|
|To help us understand what products or services may be of interest to you, to help us improve and develop our products and services.||Our legitimate interests (for running our business, improving our products and services and IT services).||24 months after registration or longer, if this is necessary (e.g. for any legal requirement or for tax purposes).|
|To administer our site and diagnose problems, to protect our business, to resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems, to prevent potentially prohibited or illegal activities.||Our legitimate interests (for running our business, IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities).|
We may use your personal data to send you marketing communications on our products, services and offers that may be relevant for you.
You will receive marketing communications from us only if you have given your consent thereto or purchased goods or services from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at [email protected] at any time.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so. Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at [email protected]
4. Disclosures of your personal data
We may share your personal data with other parties, including other group companies and third parties, such as service providers who work on behalf of us. If we sell or divest our business or any part of it, and your personal data relates to such sold or divested part of our business, or if we merge with another business, we will share your personal data with the new owner of the business or our merger partner, respectively.
We may also share your information within our group or with third parties if we believe, at our sole discretion, that disclosure of such information is necessary:
- for the relevant AB company or distributor so they can deal with your enquiry or if you request information.
- to comply with legitimate and enforceable subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases we reserve the right to raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us;
- to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal or suspected illegal activities; to protect and defend the rights, property, or our safety, the safety of our users or others; and in connection with other agreements, including with our partners or suppliers;
- if we are legally obliged to do so, we will share data we collect with law enforcement agencies and other governmental bodies.
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes and only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions. These companies are contractually bound to use such information only as part of the services we have hired them to provide. Where necessary, we will enter into data processing agreements with these third parties.
We will not sell or rent your personal data to third-parties.
5. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites such as those of other members of our Group, AB companies, AB’s distributors, memberships and authorities. While we try to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, we are not responsible for the content, security, or privacy practices employed by these other sites. Therefore, once you have left our website we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information provided by you. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
6. Transfer of Data
We may need to forward your details to other countries, for example to AB Group companies, or to be processed by staff operating in such countries who work for us or those we engage to help us run our business. This may be for example to send you information you have requested, for fulfilment of your order and administration of your customer account, and for the provision of support services.
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area. Whenever we transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between the Europe and the US.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data outside the EEA of if you wish to receive a copy thereof.
7. Data security
We maintain suitable physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information that is collected via our website from unauthorised access or disclosure. We restrict access to your personal information only to staff within AB Group or those it engages in running the business, and only where they need it for the purpose in question. They will only process your personal data on our instructions, they are subject to a duty of confidentiality and secure passwords are required.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not guaranteed to be secure. On receiving your information we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access or use.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
8. How long do we keep your data
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
We may retain certain information subsequent to the closing of your account, for example if it is necessary to fulfil our legal obligations or to exercise, to maintain security, to prevent fraud and abuse and to defend or enforce our rights.
Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal data are set out in the table above.
9. Your legal rights
In accordance with applicable law, you have the right of access, the right of rectification, the right to erasure, the right to restriction of processing, the right to data portability and the right to object. Please find below more details and information on how and when you can exercise your rights. We will respond to your request within one month, but have the right to extend this period with two months.
You have the following rights with regard to your personal data:
- The right to request access to your personal data. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- The right to request to correct your data if it is inaccurate. You may also supplement any incomplete data we have, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
- The right to request deletion of your personal data if:
- your personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which we collected or processed it; or
- you withdraw your consent if the processing of your personal data is based on consent and no other legal ground exists; or
- you object to the processing of your personal data and we do not have an overriding legitimate ground for processing; or
- your personal data is unlawfully processed; or
- your personal data has to be deleted for compliance with a legal obligation.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data. We will comply with your request, unless we have a compelling overriding legitimate interest for processing or we need to continue processing your personal data to establish, exercise or defend a legal claim.
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data, if:
- the accuracy of your personal data is contested by you, for the period in which we have to verify the accuracy of the personal data; or
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the deletion of your personal data and request restriction; or
- we no longer need your personal data for the purposes of processing, but your personal data is required by you for legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing, for the period in which we have to verify overriding legitimate grounds.
- The right to data portability. You may requests us to receive the personal data that concern you. You may also request us to send this personal data to a third party, where feasible. You only have this right if it regards personal data you have provided to us, the processing is based on consent or necessary for the performance of a contract between you and us, and the processing is done by automated means.
- The right to revoke your consent, in the event that consent is the legal basis on which we process your personal data.
- The right to opt-out of receiving any marketing communications.
To exercise your rights you can file a request by e-mail to [email protected] We aim to respond to your request within one month after receiving such a request. However, this one-month term may be extended with two months. In such event, we will inform you within one month after receipt of your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
10. Cookies and similar tracking technology
For further data about the types of Cookies we use, please see our Cookie notice.
11. Changes to this policy